Hardware Design Services
From customer concept to fully completed schematics including component selection, symbol creation and design rules specifications, Celerity provides efficient and cost effective hardware design services. Celerity has design experience in many areas of embedded design including:
- Digital Signal Processors (DSP)
- High Speed Digital including DDR memories
- High Speed Serial including PCI-Express, SerDes, GigE and 10GigE
- Industrial Motor Control
- LED Lighting
- Analog, Audio and Video
- Interfaces including Ethernet, Telecom (POTS, T1/E1, DS-3, Fiber), USB
- Wireless Technologies: Wifi, BlueTooth, Zigbee, GPS
- FPGA and CPLD Designs, ASIC conversions
Printed Circuit Board Design Services
Celerity offers PCB design services to create state of the art printed circuit boards. Designs are created using either Allegro®, Altima® or PAD®s software depending on customers’ requirements. The IPC standard is followed to provide high yield PCBs supporting the following technologies:
- High-layer count boards (36+)
- Micro-vias, blind and buried vias
- Fine pitch (<0.5mm) BGA technology.
- Metal-Core PCB
- Rigid-Flex PCB
- Controlled impedances, differential pairs, matched trace lengths
- Design for Manufacturing
Printed Circuit Board Fabrication and Assembly Services
PCBs can be fabricated and assembled via approved contract manufacturers. CAD data and Bill of Materials can be provided by the customer or via one of the Celerity Services. Fabrication and assembly turns can be standard or “quick” based on the customers schedules.
Mechanical Engineering Services
Celerity offers a range of Mechanical Engineering Services from mechanical design of enclosures and chassis, thermal analysis and industrial design. Designs are created using either SolidWorks®, Pro-Engineer® or AutoCAD® for three dimensional modeling. Tooling for plastic molding is also supported through a third party vendor. Prototyping is supported by Celerity and volume production can be offered from Contract Manufacturer partners.
Quality and Compliance Services
Reports such as FIT, MTBF and material content reports are generated in order to determine the quality and availability of the product and whether it meets the RoHs initiative for lead free products.
Safety (UL, CSA), FCC, Telecom and other customer required compliance approvals are received via an approved test laboratory.
Programmable Logic Design
Celerity supports the design, simulation and validation of programmable logic using hardware description languages (HDL). Designs range from simple “glue” CPLD’s to complex, modular FPGA design with embedded 3rd party cores.
Functionality, timing and constraints are fully simulated using test benches and simulation software. The design is then fitted and routed into the customers’ targeted device. JTAG and Boundary Scan programming files are delivered along with programming instructions.
Conversions of FPGA’s to low cost, high volume ASIC’s are also supported by Celerity.
Throughout the design process, attention is paid to the manufacturability of the product. Test methods are built into the design based on customer requirements. Celerity provides a wide range of solutions including:
- JTAG / Boundary Scan – JTAG chain will be designed in for In-Circuit Programmability and Boundary Scan.
- Bed of Nails – Board layout and test point insertion are implemented to support Bed of Nails tesing.
- Built In Self Test – Software based diagnostics are developed to test the hardware as well as to provide a foundation for system drivers.
- Software based diagnostics and Built in Self Test
- Board Support Package (BSP) development
- Manufacturing Support: JTAG/Boundary Scan, BIST, Test Procedures
- FPGA/CPLD design including Test Benching & Simulation