Freescale i.MX6 1.2GHz Quad/Dual Core
The Celerity i.MX6 Compute Module is a Freescale i.MX6 1.2GHz Quad/Dual Core processor based compute module. Powered by a single 12V input, the module supports 2GB of DDR3-1066 x64 memory, 4MB Quad SPI Flash, 4GB eMMC, a gigabit Ethernet PHY and a high speed, high density interconnect system that provides connectivity to all other peripherals on the i.MX6 offering a very flexible and versatile, small form factor compute module.
With all the engineering challenges and complexities of DDR3 memory routing, power management and SOC/BGA route escapes taken care of on the module, the system designer can focus on simply connecting to the peripherals that are required by the system. Time to market, hardware re-spins and engineering development costs are all dramatically reduced allowing a more cost effective solution to be achieved very quickly and with little to no risk.
The module can be designed onto custom carrier boards that connect to the i.MX6 peripherals of interest or can be used with the Celerity Compute Module Carrier board for development. By employing a custom interface, there are very little accessibility limitations to the i.MX6 peripherals allowing very sophisticated systems to be created.
With a 3″x3″ form factor and ruggedized mounting capability, the Compute Module can be use in a variety of industries including military/defense, industrial, medical and commercial. With an absolute maximum power consumption of 7W for a 1.2GHz Quad core, the module is easily cooled with either a heat sink or cold plate available from Celerity.
The following is a summary of features of the I.MX6 Compute Module:
- Quad, Dual, Dual Lite and Solo Options available for different compute power and power consumption
- 2GByte of DDR3-1066 Memory (x64)
- 16GByte of eMMC for solid state storage
- 4MByte Quad SPI Flash for Boot Images
- Rechargeable Battery Backed Real Time Clock
- Gigabit Ethernet PHY with MDIX and on board magnetics
- MMPF0100 Power Management IC
- Single High Speed, High Density Connector for base board connectivity
- Industrial temperature grade (-40°C to 85°C)
- ROHS compliant